Horror Genre Blog: Common Cut, angle, movement, shot in the genre - Cut: Sharp and jarring transitions to create tension and surprise. - Angle: Low and high angles to establish power dynamics or disorientation. - Movement: Quick and erratic camera movements to heighten suspense. - Shot: Close-ups to capture fear and anxiety, wide shots to display the eerie atmosphere. Common Costume, lighting, actor, movement, and placement in the genre - Costume: Dark and menacing attire to reflect the theme of horror. - Lighting: Use of shadows and contrasting light to create an ominous and haunting ambiance. - Actor: Intense facial expressions and physical reactions to portray fear and terror. - Movement: Fast and erratic movements to amplify the sense of chaos and danger. - Placement: Strategic use of framing to build suspense and tension. Common Editing in your genre - Jump cuts to create a startling effect. - Parallel editing to build suspense by cutting between different moments of suspense. - S...
Hey, Kensters! Failure is a natural and inevitable part of the creative process, and as a high school student pursuing my passion for filmmaking, I have learned firsthand the valuable lessons that come from setbacks and challenges. There have been moments when a scene didn't quite work out as planned, a shot was out of focus, or an idea fell flat, leading to feelings of frustration, disappointment, and self-doubt. However, through resilience, perseverance, and a mindset shift towards embracing failure as a stepping stone to success, I have discovered the transformative power of setbacks in fueling growth and development as a filmmaker. One of the most important lessons I have learned from facing failure is the importance of resilience and perseverance in the face of adversity. When a scene doesn't turn out the way I envisioned, or a project encounters unexpected challenges, it can be easy to feel defeated and discouraged. However, by reframing failure as an opportuni...
Hey, Kensters! It's me, Kenisha. I've recently made a significant decision to dive into the creative journey of crafting opening credits for a movie, and what makes it even more thrilling is that I'm taking on this challenge entirely on my own. The reason behind this choice is my preference to handle the entire workload and creative process independently, steering clear of any reliance on others for any aspect of the project. One of the primary motivations for this solo venture is the fact that I've already envisioned precisely how I want the opening credits to unfold. In a group setting, reaching a consensus can be a complex process, and potential conflicts and compromises may arise if others disagree with my creative direction. Admittedly, I haven't finalized the specific details of what I want for the opening credits at this point. Still, the openness to exploring various ideas and bringing my vision to life is something I'm eagerly anticipating. As I embark...
Comments
Post a Comment